I know I skipped day three, but that was to describe your relationship with your parents and I’m pretty sure you should have a good idea about that from my previous posts.
So here is my list to 16 year old me:
1. It is much easier to keep the body you have than to try to lose weight later. Keep yourself in shape.
2. Don’t say yes to the first man who proposes.
3. Don’t leave the university you are attending to move to a new town with your boyfriend and attend the university you said you would never attend. You are going to hate it there just like you thought.
4. Don’t get into that car on March 4, 2007. He’s a lot more dangerous than you think.
5. Spend more time with Mimi, she doesn’t have that much longer left and she loves you very dearly.
6. Dad is going to have a heart attack in a few months and you are going to be the only one home. Don’t panic, it’s going to be okay.
7. Even if you think you don’t need to, go to class when you start college. It will make life so much easier.
8. There is a math tutoring lab on campus. Start working there as soon as they will let you. You will meet many great people this way.
9. Don’t live with your friend the first year in the dorms. More generally, don’t ever live with someone you are friends with. It ruins friendships.
10. Stay in band when you go to college. You are going to miss not being in band!