As I meet more men and have more interactions with them, my idea of what I want becomes more clear. As of right now, I am totally open to dating people that don’t exactly meet these requirements for company, or sex, or practice, or whatever. I am not looking to get serious with anyone that doesn’t meet every requirement. I am fairly convinced he doesn’t exist. I’ve already made a list about a year ago and even made a dating application, but I am going to edit it a bit now.
1. He must be intelligent. Must have a career. Degree highly preferred. Someone with drive and curiosity.
2. He must be tolerant of all people. Any color, religion, gender, sexuality etc. I don’t want someone who is judgmental.
3. He has to be positive and have a sense of humor. I’m looking for a glass half full guy who is goofy, but knows when it is time to be serious. I want to have silly inside jokes.
4. He needs to be responsible. Responsible with money is a big deal as that was something that Ron never was. Responsible goes into many categories besides money. I want someone mature that makes good choices and keeps himself out of harm’s way.
5. This previously said he couldn’t smoke or do drugs. I’ve learned more and more that this really doesn’t bother me as much as it used to. It won’t be a deal breaker. Unless the drugs are anything more than weed.
6. He must be an animal lover. At least dogs. Especially my two mutts.
7. He has to be ok with showing physical affection. I don’t need him making out with me in public, but holding my hand while we walk down the street seems appropriate. I want affection in general. I just don’t want to be smothered either, there is a super fine line for me.
8. He needs to be someone that understands I am a giver and I will give him anything and everything, but that doesn’t make it a one way street. I want someone who can nurture me like I nurture them. I really need someone who gets me and understands what I need. My love language is touch followed by acts of service.
9. I want someone who opens the door for me and holds it open for others. Just a general gentleman. Makes polite conversation with wait staff/ cashiers/ etc.
10. I need someone who is going to help push me to be the best me while not beating me up when I fail.
11. He has to be open minded to all things. Even if he has his on views on something, I would like him to at least be able to hear out my own without feeling like he is a child with his fingers in his ears.
12. He has to have a sex drive equal to my own. He also needs to be willing to experiment and explore my kinks while not being pushy. I want strong hands and a soft heart.
13. While I need someone who is intelligent, I also want someone who is good with their hands and generally handy around the house.
14. He must be okay with the possibility of children one day. I’m not certain that I can even conceive, but I want to keep my options open.
15. I want to be swept off of my feet. I want to feel special, wanted, and loved. I want sparks. I want passion. I want something to fight with and to fight for.
And I don’t want to have to ask for any of it.